P/T JOB OFFER – TRAC Orientation Officers (August 20 – September 30, 2019)
TRAC is hiring four Orientation Officers on a part-time, limited contract ($20/hr, ~15hr/week, August 20th to September 30th) to help plan and support our outreach activities at the beginning of the 2019/20 academic year.
Orientation Officers help and support Executive Committee with outreach to its membership during the Fall 2019 Orientation period. The Orientation Officers will play a crucial role in communicating with new and returning TRAC members to inform them of their rights, their union, and the services offered to them.
- Door-to-door mobilization to reach out to TRAC members;
- Tabling at orientation events;
- Giving short presentations about TRAC at fall department orientations
- Preparation and support for orientation events, workshops and the September General Assembly.
- Active TRAC member status (having held a contract as a Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Invigilator at Concordia University within the past year);
- Availability and reliability (the work will mostly consist of 3 hour blocks/ 5 days a week);
- Understanding of labour rights and the role of labour unions;
- Advanced proficiency in English;
- Strong people skills;
- Respect for the confidentiality of union data and personal information of TRAC members, employees and executives;
- Participation in training sessions, as required.
Assets preferred but not required:
- We will prioritize applications from members who have previously volunteered with TRAC at events or mobilization, or as delegates;
- Proficiency in a second or third language.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Reza Khoee (TRAC vice-president) by email at [email protected]. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The application deadline is August 5th.