Posted on | March 18, 2011 | No Comments
NOTICE OF GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Please be advised that a General Assembly of the Teaching and Research Assistants at Concordia, local 12500 of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, has been called for:
12:00pm – 2:00pm
5 April 2011
7th Floor, Hall Building
1455 de Maisonneuve O.
Metro Guy-Concordia Map
1. Call to Order
2. President’s Report
3. Auditors’ Report
4. Election of Executive Committee Members and Auditors
Reports will be distributed at the meeting.
TRAC elections are held at the annual General Assembly.
2.1 Elected Positions
Full descriptions of the Executive Committee and its members are available in the TRAC Constitution and Bylaws, section 15.2., and section 17.
- Vice President
- Representation and Grievance Officer
- Communication and Mobilization Officer
- Bargaining Officer
Two Auditors are elected. A full description of the position of Auditor is avaliable in the TRAC Constitution and Bylaws, section 12.5.
2.2 Election Procedure
- The position is described
- The floor is opened for nominations. Nominations may be made by any member other than the person being nominated (you cannot nominate yourself). Nominations must be seconded by any member other than the person being nominated (you cannot second your own nomination).
- If there is only one candidate for the position that candidate is acclaimed (elected without a vote).
- If there is more than one candidate for the position:
- The candidates may speak briefly.
- The ballot box is shown to the assembly to ensure it is empty.
- Ballots are distributed.
- Members present mark their ballots and place them in the ballot box (secret ballot).
- The ballots are counted.
- The candidate with the highest number of votes is elected.Note: for the election of auditors, the candidates with the highest and second highest number of votes are elected.
Candidates for election must be members in good standing (see below).
Those elected take office on 1 June 2011 for a one year term ending 31 May 2012.
Free lunch! Pizza and drinks will be served after the meeting. Halal and vegetarian options will be available.
4. Who is a member?
You are a member of TRAC if you:
- held a contract for a TA or RA position of any kind that ended after 5 April 2010
- currently hold a TA or RA contract of any kind
- have not yet signed a contract, but do have a written promise of a TA or RA appointment of any kind for the Fall 2010 term
We do not have a perfectly complete, up-to-date list of TAs and RAs, so please make sure that you bring your contract or written offer (an email offer will suffice). Membership forms will be available for those who have not signed one yet.
5. More Information
TRAC’s Constitution and Bylaws are available at:
If you have any questions please contact us as email@example.com.